I have noticed phones with a handset (like the one in the image) have a little cover that resembles something like a cold camera shoe under the bottom of the handset’s top speaker holder. Is there a use for it? It has a line bump in the middle, but it doesn’t go all the way from both sides, it leaves a gap. I have also seem some of them have extra space on the top of the cover, and some don’t.

  • azdleA
    114 months ago

    Its a non-powered version of a hot shoe, both of which are the thing you use to mount an external flash that’s on the top of a lot of (all?) full sized cameras.